1. You can list how many villages of the Hamptons you’ve worked in. (3 and counting!)
2. You may have had some words with one of the Elmo characters in Times Square while on duty so you take a longer route to to avoid another showdown with him and his pushy crew. (Look Elmo...NO means NO!)
3. While waiting on the train, one of your kids said “I don’t see any rats today” and has a full on meltdown about it.
4. You’ve balanced having the kids fed, taken them to walk the dog in the nearby park while they both scooted, visited the farmer’s market AND the top of the Empire State Building, all before nap time... which you used to prep dinner instead of having lunch. (Shoutout to Erin for being a boss!)
5. You know where all the clean public restrooms are in a 10 block radius. (I got Times Square, Hell’s Kitchen and Tudor City area on LOCK!)
6. You can wheel a double stroller saddled with grocery bags, music instruments and children thru the thickest foot traffic like a tactician.
7. You have spent at least one Friday night after hours in the comfort of your apt organizing the kids schedules on Google Calendar or iCal.
8. You practically LIVE in your backyard during warm months (backyard being Central Park, Prospect Park, Bryant Park, Flushing Meadows and all playgrounds) and create all kind of fortes, imagination play and concerts in home during the cold months.
9. There’s no such thing as jaywalking ...unless you’re on duty. Then you actually pay attention to the crosswalk signs. (We lead by example.)
10. You’ve successfully taught the little ones that pigeons aren’t your average bird...they’re your average New Yorker. Aggressive and cuts you off while walking with no remorse.